ADAS Occupational Scuba to 30 M (Part 1)
Core ADAS Courses:
Dive Support Courses:
ADAS Supervisor Courses:
Recognised Prior Learning Courses:
ADAS Occupational Scuba to 30M (Part 1):
An Occupational Scuba to 30M Part 1 Certification is the first step in becoming a commercial diver. This course is conducted over a 4 week period, it consists of both theory and practical work, and utilises scuba with bailout cylinders, full face masks and communication equipment. Theory is focused on safety, physiology, basic physics, technical drawing, observational skills, emergency and medical training. This course is limited to environments where there is direct access to the surface.
Successful completion of this course results in the following Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualification: Certificate IV in Hyperbaric Operations (Occupational SCUBA diving). National Qualification Code: 10133NAT awarded by ADAS, RTO number 88104
More information regarding unit standards, course competencies & prerequisites can be found on the ADAS website: Click Here
- Students are required to be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Students are required to hold a valid certificate of medical fitness to dive.
- Students are required to swim competently.
- Note: This is to be demonstrated by completing a 200m swim using a face mask, fins, and snorkel while equiped in scuba equipment and neutrally buoyant, within a period of 8 minutes. students are also required to tread water for 10mins while fully clothed (i.e wearing long sleeve shirt and pants).
- Students are required to provide evidence of 10 logged dives, Padi, Naui, SSI etc are all accepted.
- Students are required to hold a Diver medic certificate OR a current first aid certificate. CPR and Oxygen resuscitation skills are required to be refreshed within 12 months prior to conclusion the course.
- Basic Numeracy and Literacy is required. The ability to communicate and understand written and verbal communication. To be able to add, subtract, multiply, solve simple equations etc.
The Part 1 Certificate is designed to give you a fundamental understandings of the basic skills and requirements that will be needed to become a commercial diver. CDA’s Part 1 Certificate is the perfect starting point for any aspiring commercial diver. Completion of this course gives you opportunities for employment in Police, Marine Archeology, Scientific Research, Media, and Engineering Inspection Diving.
CDA Prides itself on its 100% Employment rate for 2018, and will help in any way it can to aid in the employment process of a graduated student.